Friday, June 21, 2013

Little Flower Baby Blanket

My little flower blanket is finished!!! Oh, I had a lot of fun making it!  And I haven't bought any yarn for this, which will please my husband a lot! Ok, my Catania Cotton stash is quite big! I just love this yarn and every time I see a new colour at our yarn store, I can't resist buying it without even knowing what to do with the yarn later. 
My favourite part in blanket making is arranging the squares in the end and testing  different square combinations. This is always so much fun! And it doesn't matter to me, that the squares always end up in a different order after sewing them all together. Every time I mess this  up!  For the first time I have used the colour grey for a blanket and I really liked it.
 
 
36 squares with 22 different colours

my final arrangement ??

before washing and blocking

I have tried out different fancy edgings for the blanket, but I liked the simple shell border the most!
 
 
 
 
done :)

Yarn: Schachenmayr Catania Solids 100% Cotton
Pattern: my own, you can find it here

Thank you so much for your visit today! I hope you all will have a great weekend!

                                                     ♥♥Barbina

16 comments:

  1. O, what a lovely baby blanket! The colours are matching so nice together, well done!

    Have a nice weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's absolutely gorgeous, the colours, the flowers, the edging, all so pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice, summery blanket! Well done and enjoy the blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all those bright colors! I sure hope the mother of the baby who receives this will appreciate all the work you put into it .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blanket is gorgeous Barbina!...I love the colours and the pretty shell border too..
    Happy Weekend,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blanket, so cheery and summery! It's fun to try different borders and combinations of colours isn't it....I'm missing my crochet and having just finished a knitted blanket, I can feel a crochet marathon coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that looks wonderful! Lovely colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh ist die schööööön!! Ganz toll ♥. Um Deinen Catania-Stash beneide ich Dich ja ein bißchen, hihi. Mein Vorrat daran könnte größer sein. Du hast Recht, die haben immer herrliche Farben und das Garn häkelt sich auch so super. Noch einen schönen Abend!! LG, Nata

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blankets are just amazing, and this is no exception! I love it! Janette xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful! I always love to see what you create!
    jan@http://sewandsowfarm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a lovely blanket. Looks really beautiful full or pretty colours x
    http://forgetmenotsblue.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful! so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The wee blanket is very bright and colorful and very pretty indeed. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blanket! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, and wow I love this baby blanket! The stitch is so pretty and I love the color yarn that you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking your time to write me something! Every comment is making me happy!!!